Psychotherapist: Linda Nastari, LCSW
I am a licensed clinical social worker with over 25 years experience. My approach is from a more indepth, analytic, psychotherapy. I place great importance on the relationship between the therapist and client as the most powerful agent of change. My role is to help you come to a greater understanding of how your mind works, break ineffective patterns, and help resolve deeper issues in a safe, supportive environment.
I enjoy working with those of diverse cultures, helping others blend their two worlds, while maintaining their own cultural richness. I have also worked within the Christian church community, providing services to adolescents, adults, couples, schools and local churches.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of California, #LCS11384
- San Jose State University, Master in Social Work Degree, 1982
- Notre Dame de Namur University, BA Degree, 1978
- College of San Mateo, AA Degree, 1976
- Communication Specialist, Collaborative Practice Silicon Valley, 2014
- Certified Mediator – Foothill College Extension, 2005
- Advanced Hypnosis Training, Los Gatos Institute, 1990
- Certificate in Advanced Alcohol and Drug Training, University Santa Cruz Extension, 1988
- Clinical externship in Family Systems Therapy, Eastfield Ming Quong, 1987
- Ongoing study, supervision, and educational seminars through Bay Area Psychoanalytic Institutes, 1997-present
- Ongoing training and consultation for collaborative practice and small family businesses
- Private psychotherapy practice, San Jose, 1989-present. Services include psychoanalytically oriented psychotherapy with adolescents, adults, and couples. Also, conduct seminars on various topics in the Christian church community.
- Eastfield Ming Quong, 1986-1990, Therapist in their outpatient family clinic coordinating a high school outreach program. Also, provided clinical supervision with the use of a one-way mirror to MSW graduate students.
- Advent Group Ministries, 1982-86, Director of the Foster Home Program. Recruited, trained and supervised foster parents, as well as, coordinated counseling services to foster home children and families. Also, was a liaison with biological parents and court-appointed social workers.
International Academy of Collaborative Practice
National Association of Social Workers
- Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology